Specialist to Air Traffic & Telecom Professions
FPGA Development using VHDL:
The company supplies an FGPA design service using the VHDL language, guaranteeing a completely documented “Turnkey” product in order to allow easy design access for modifications and/or the introduction of new functionalities.
The order of the design process is as follows:
• definition /review of the product technical specifications in collaboration with
the client and choice of the most appropriate device for the job (i.e. Xilinx,
Altera, Actel, etc.)
• design of VHDL circuit
• simulation and functional verification of the circuit before its actual first
• generation and supply of the programming files
• editing and supply of the component documentation : functional description,
VHDL source files, instructions to run the code on the chosen target device,
• guaranteed support up to the full qualification of the FPGA within the system
• activity to modify and/or add to the functionality following client feed-back
(even via email) with a new programming file to be loaded on to the EEPROM
associated with the FPGA returned to client.
One of the main advantages of using an FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) consists of the possibility to modify the digital circuit design without the necessity of making a costly re-layout of the PCB or Custom components.
In this way the design of an digital circuit using a FPGA can be efficiently planned without having to necessarily completely define from the start every single functional requirement. These can then be added/updated without the need of any change to the physical layout, but simply by modifying the “program” within the FPGA.